Second Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricBlue107

Solid State Member
I recently purchased a computer from iBuyPower, and please, don't turn this into a "You shoulda bought from [insert name here].." forum, just try and help me out. Well it's a laptop, and I was supposed to have a 120 gig hard drive. But apparently it has two seperate drives, the regular drive C: which Windows Vista is on, is only 30 gigs, and the backup drive F: which has nothing on it, is 90 gigs. Theres my 120 gigs, but I just want one big drive, or at least not have 90 gigs allocated to a backup. I don't know if this is something specific to Windows Vista or not because I've never used Vista before so I don't know if maybe it's a virtual backup drive and I can just change how much is allocated to the backup drive or what. Any help here?

EDIT:
I just checked on my hardware stuff and it is physically one drive it's just for some reason two seperate drives.

Some PC manufactuers do that. Heck I do it on my PC at home. makes it easy if I have to reformat to keep my data.

If you want one big partition just download Gparted, burn it to a CD then boot to it. Gparted is freeware able to modify a partition without losing data.

Oh and actually I love Ibuypower.com so no worries there. Good PCs, Good Prices.

I want the second drive I just don't want 90 gigs on there. Maybe 5 gigs or so. I think it's annoying to have to constantly switch drives. And Steam automatically saves to the C: drive so there's no room for all my Steam games.

Actually nevermind, I got a message back from the ibuypower tech guys, it's a simple thing to do with right clicking computer/manage/and then disk management and it's pretty straightforward from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom