sd card/sd card reader not working

bilzc10

Beta member
I don't know whether it is the reader or the card but it wont read. i put my micro SD into an SD card slot adapter, i used to work perfectly until i forgot to eject card and it uh... i couldn't delete folders but i could add folders and delete any other files, so i formatted it and put all programs back on it and it worked perfectly. and then.... i forgot to eject.... twice! now it when i try to enter "SD card (E:)" it says insert disk into drive (the drive doesn't appear until something is put in the drive(and it was in the drive)), so after clicking on the drive like 3 times, it will say drive must be formatted, so once it goes into format menu, it says under disk size: unknown disk size(its 64GB), under file system it says: FAT (Default)(dunno if that's weird but when formatting normally its exFAT (used for SDXC cards)) and under partition size it says:default partition size (always said that). i tried a USB card reader, same thing happened, tried both in another laptop (USB and SD card slot readers) didn't work still(so it may not be the reader) (it just says unable to format drive(immediately after hitting OK on the warning). So whats going on? Can i fix it? If Yes, how do i fix it? Thanks!

If it happened with multiple readers and multiple computers, then it's a problem with the card for sure.

Something you could try, is if you have a smartphone with a MicroSD slot, is format it through the phone and see if it works after that.

You could also try booting off of a Linux LiveCD from your computer, using a distribution such as Ubuntu, and try to format it through the LiveCD.

Back
Top Bottom