SD Card reader - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2009, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default SD Card reader

Hi, I know there was a post like this before but it was closed, any how, I have a Asus Motherboard with a multi-drive and the SD card reader isn't sensing, I checked Device Manager, and the little yellow question/ exclamation mark was there. I was wondering were I could download the driver for it? Can I just do a simple Google search? I'm running windows XP service pack two because I heard that service pack 3 is unnecessary and it even has problems. I don't have a brand name computer, our tech-guy built it up for us. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Old 02-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
HONK if you route packets
Default Re: SD Card reader

Well, while sp3 isn't anything new (more than updates) ... you'll hear good/bad feedback based on who you are talking to. I have SP3 on 4 or 5 personals and 1 laptop that I use for work. I haven't had any problems that stemmed from SP3 though. While SP3 isn't necessary... it saves a lot of time from a fresh install from SP2 base to get up to speed.

Anyway, yea, if it's integrated, best to just look up your ASUS board on their on website and see which drivers are available. You can also do a search for "ASUS XXXXXX CARD READER DRIVERS" or something like that to get hits from other 3rd party sites and/or information regarding the reading problem if it still exists after you apply the drivers.
Closed Thread