SD card/adapters/usb and input not working on my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riazy

Beta member
[I have a Pavillion Laptop]Hello I have a problem with my SD card and adapers(Including the card shaped adapter aswell as the usb ones) they simply stopped working, When I insert the card through either ones of the adapters they simply do not work. Nothing happens.

The SD cards do work in my mobile phone, they are of 1 gb and 2 gb sizes.

The problem occured when I was transferring some things to my mobile through the usb SD adapter, just out of a sudden the computer demanded that it required a disk. The disk did
suddenly not exist. I tried to remove it and re insert it, but the problem persisted.
I have windows vista 32 bits.

I have done the following, which has been advised by other sites:

- I have tried various updates for my computer including . Meda card reader driver and some others
- I have tried to install the latest updates from Microsoft, including the latest Service packs
- I have deactivated my Antivirus several times
- I have formatted my computer, and this time I did not install any antivirus at all.
- I have tried to use my adapters and cards on another computer (This time the disk showed up but I could not access it due to a sudden unexpected write protection of the disk, which I have no idea of how it happened. And it only worked with the Kingston microsd adapter, not the usb adapter for microsds)
- I have gone into the device manager checking if the disk would show up there, or if it possibly could be hidden
- I have gone into administrative tools>computer management>disk management. The disk did not show up there either, nor was it hidden.
- I have tried to uninstall USB controllers in the device manager, without any success.

I have no idea whats going on, I have had this computer for more than a year. I started using
sd cards with my computer around 6 months before.

I have searched the net, and seen alot of forums and threads, but without any solution to this problem.

Can it have something to do with formatting, or is my computer corrupt, is the card corrupt? the adapter?. Everything seems to be working, but not at the same time, same place etc.

Has anyone got any clue about what to do? I really would like to have my SD input to start working again..

You said "formatted my computer", does that mean you formatted the SD or your system?

You said it works in your phone. Then the SD isn't bad. Has to be your adapter.

Hmm, so what would possibly be the best thing to do? there is a space just above the card reader on my pavillion laptop,. a piece of plastic. Can it have something to do with it?

The strange thing really was, when i tried the kingston adapter on my friends laptop (also vista) was that this time the computer responded with a display of the disk in my computer. I could access the things from the card on the pc, but I couldnt do anything with them due to a write protection on the disk itself. Some people told me the adapter was locked and this was the problem, but I realized that nothing would happen if you fiddled with the little lock button.

I really wonder whether this really is a hardware problem sometimes, I did formatt the SD card on my computer once. and I selected FAT then. And once I formatted it on my mobile (I have no idea what kind of formatting system my mobile uses)

Can there be some kind of interference due the fact that the formatting ways are different, and a question again then.. How could that possibly affect two adapters at the same time?

Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom