SCSI to USB adapter cable advice needed..... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2007, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default SCSI to USB adapter cable advice needed.....

Hi Everybody,
I hope this is posted in the correct forum (?) having just joined after getting a Powerbook G4 I need some help.
I have a 35mm film scanner which I used to use with XP via a SCSI card connection to the PC tower (that is the only output from the scanner). Obviously my Powerbook hasn't either the room or compatibilty to connect the scanner to it as designed and so as I no longer have a PC the film scanner is now effectively useless to me. That is until surfing away on ebay I saw some scsi to usb adapter cables. On the face of it these seem the answer to my problems but the ones I can find have the long flat SCSI type connections to them but my SCSI output is to a DB25 type cable and I can only find straight DB25 to USB cables online without any conversion electronics in them (as the other 50 pin ones do). So my 2 questions are:
1/. Would anybody know if there exists a SCSI DB25 to USB cable adapter??
2/. If they do exist do these things work??
I intend to use Vuescan software to talk to the scanner if it helps the answers given (if any!!).
Thanks in advance for any help/advice,
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On