SCSI RAID in windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radtadtod

In Runtime
Hi, i'm trying to set up some more storage for one of my windows XP SP2 boxes... and so far i've connected the 3 drives i have (2.5, 2.5, 3.2GB)(please dont laugh) and disk management only sees 2.0GB....and it is unable to format successfuly... any help?

Please Start By Answering ALL of the the followng question in as MUCH DETAIL as possible.

How are all the HD attached. (Onboard SCSI? PCI SCSI? or Mixed EIDE and SATA and then SCSI?)
What Type of SCSI are you using? (There are many different types and I won't name them)
What are the Drives IDs and are they terminated properly?
Which Drive has the OS and which are the storage Drives?
What type of RAID Are you trying to setup?
Have you setup the array in CMOS?(Or if PCI interface, however you do it there.)

Any other information you can give us would be of great assistence.

Uhh... k,
there are 2 hard drives atached to the main IDE controler, one master one slave, then I have a PCI controler card for the SCSI drives, SCSI 1 I think... 50 pin? I have a ribbon cable with 5 connectors on it, I attached my 3 drives to the first 3 avaible plugs. I think for this type of scsi you dont need termination right? My OS is on the master IDE drive, the type of RAID I'd like to set up is... 0, RAID 0 yes, stripping so I can have multiple drives into 1 big drive right? uuh.. there seems to be some sort of scsi set up, but I dont think its on my Motherboard's cmos.. and i found out 1 of the drives was messed up, so I stopped using it. er I think thats all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom