scsi hdd reformat troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyMan

Beta member
a buddy of mine has a BOXX laptop. . his dvd drive busted so he couldnt reformat it... so i came up with the bright idea of just slapping the hard drive in my laptop and refromatting it there. it has two hard drives one of which didnt have anything on it so i never touched iteverything went smooth. we put it back in his machine... and nothing... not even the bios recognized it. then he tells me that these laptops hook up to a scsi connection (though im pretty sure they're just ata drives... can you even hook up an ide drive to a scsi port) anyway so we need drivers on the hard drive for the computer to recognize it... no big deal. i put it back in my laptop... reinstall windows and this time install scsi drivers. put it back in the BOXX, and now we have the option to load a program called 'fast track' (which i guess is an array creating program) now we dont want a raid here... i just want to run windows on one and have a seperate drive... standard noob style. anybody have any ideas. if i exit 'fast track' without doing anything it just blinks 'scanning for ide drives' and eventually says 'no operating system found. thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom