SCSI Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitrocrusher

Baseband Member
When I open up the Device Manager on my machine there is a VAX347S SCSI Controller that I have been unable to get windows to reinstall the driver. The basic problem is this. Originally my machine had one hard drive and the jumper is set to master with slave present and I have another hard drive attached to it set on slave on the same IDE cable. I also have a CD-RW drive that is on its own power cable and IDE cable. Ever since I installed the second hard drive my pc has been acting screwy. Now the CD-RW drive won't recognize CD's, let alone burn them. Is this SCSI Controller the problem? Where can I find a driver for it?

I'm confused. You have a pc or a mac? If you are using windows...a PC< I presume. So......Do you have a SCSI PCI card installed on this computer? IDE drives are not SCSI drives. You gointo your CMOS and tell me what you see under attached IDE drives screen? do you see a Primary and slave for the Hard disks listed by name and model number for IDE 0 and then the ATAPI CDRW for the master on IDE 1? Start there and let me know what you find. The whole thing with the SCSI controller has me baffled!!

Yeah, I'm running a PC. When I check it out in the BIOS it's listed like it should be with a master and a slave hard drive, then a secondary master as the CD-RW. I don't have a SCSI PCI card installed, the VAX thing is just what's listed under the Device Manager. I don't even know if the VAX thing has anything to do with my problem, I just wanted to ask if it did.

So if you run just the one Hard Drive, the CD works? Yes? I would start by switching the IDE cable and see what happens. Might be as simple as a bad cable! Otherwise, you might have to go nuclear and back up your critical data and reformat and do a fresh install of your OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom