screwed up flashing graphx bios!!!!help!!!!:*( - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via AIM to oinkypig Send a message via Yahoo to oinkypig
Default screwed up flashing graphx bios!!!!help!!!!:*(

hey i wanted to flash my bios from a 9800 pro 128mb to a 9800 xt 128mb. my pro is a core of 350 and i flashed it with the xt's core fo 360 so now i screwed up. all i have is a black screen on my computer and i didnt even back up the original bios. i dont have a pci vga card either.i do have other computers so if theres a file i can burn to a cd and if there is a way to boot the original bios up. i already burned the original bios from this sites bios directory to a cd, the .iso file and i put it into the computer but nothing happens. plese help me if u can give me a thorough explanation on what to do i would be eternally grateful. thank you!

Old 12-17-2005, 08:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to PZEROFGH

... you have to have an R360 core to flash it i hope you know, i sucessfully flashed my core but i sold it to someone else

anyways go onto another computer, download the 9800pro bioses and put them onto a floppy with the flashrom program and then say boot from floppy and then do the flashrom -f -p (i believe i forget, you know what to do) then say 9800pro. i forget what the ending is, but it allows only up to 6

Old 12-17-2005, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Hi, PZEROFGH has given you a solution for your problem, allow me to re-enforce what you said about backing up bios. ALWAYS backup, no matter what, always. I don't know how many times I've had to fix a problem like this, and it is avoidable. Anyway, I learned the hard way, just like you and I wish you success in fixing the issue.
Also, do some research before flashing bios, it's not a task to be undertaken by those without a prior understanding of it.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

could you plz be a little more thorough with your instructions zero. every single detail in other words
Old 12-17-2005, 09:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

ok i got a bootable cd with the files on it and i put it into my computer and a screen comes up saying
1. flash bios
2.remember to back up original bios.

then theirs a command prompt. how do i reflash it with the commaand line!!!! please im so close
Closed Thread