Screen Turned White

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty6538

Beta member
I have a Dell XPS M1330 that i got about 1 and half years ago and about a week ago my screen turned white. It will sometimes work if i turn it on and turn it off a bunch. But most of the time it just stays white. It seems to work sometimes and everything but the screen is just white. Just wondering if someone could help me out and see what is wrong and what i need to do.
Thanks

Do you have an extra monitor that you could borrow from a friend? Reason I ask is you need to determine if it is the video card or the monitor, and the easiest / cheapest solution usually is just to switch it out to see if the problem persists.

Ok well since it is a laptop i just used the desktops screen that i have at home.However it still didn't work. But it is really weird, cause sometimes it will work just fine, then when i shut it down(nothing will go wrong when i shut it down) and then start it up whenever i wanna get back on it, it will turn on and the screen will be nothing but white, then if i let it load there will be a 2 inch black strip towards the side of the screen.

If it starts up fine then the extra monitor works but if it starts up white then the extra monitor will not work at all....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom