Screen stays black....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajete

In Runtime
I'm using a D975XBX Intel Main Board, 2 GB of DDR2 Ram, A 512MB ATI Radeon. The last thing I was doing was making some AVI to VOB conversions and the computer slowed down EXTREMELY then turned off. Now everytime I turn it on and let it try to load windows it stays on a black screen for hours. It won't even load the OS. I tried reformating, but it won't even detect the windows CD in the DVD drive. You know that screen that goes "Press any key to run the setup"... Nope no such screen. I tried to use a Nuke disk but it won't run a floppy either. I set the bios to run DVD ROM and Floppy as primary, yet it seems to skip these steps and jumps straight into the black screen. At first I thought it might have been my LCD. Maybe the computer was running a setup that can only be viewed in 800x600... But when i switched to a regular CRT monitor, still, the infamous black screen... What could it be??

When you try to boot up, do you see anything at all? Or is it a black screen the entire time?

If you don't see anything it may be a video card problem. If you have another card, try swapping it out. But usually, if it's a bad card, you'll hear a series of beeps when you turn on the PC>

I'm using a D975XBX Intel Main Board, 2 GB of DDR2 Ram, A 512MB ATI Radeon. QUOTE]

Does your board have an embedded graphic card on it? If so, then go ahead and pull your ATI Radeon out and hock your monitor to your board's GC and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom