Screen Shift - GPU problem?

Goosht

Beta member
Hey Everyone! First thread on Tech-Forums! I guess I'll jump right to it. I am trying to troubleshoot this issue which has recently started to really bug me. Let's say I am playing a game, or surfing the web. All of the sudden, out of nowhere, my screen gets 'shifted' to the left. Everything which will be out of the border comes back in from the right side. This effect will last until I reset my computer. No heat problems. All drivers are up to date.

Build:
AMD FX-8150 3.60 GHz Eight-Core
16GB (4GBx4) Corsair Vengeance
GigaByte GA-970A-D3
AMD Radeon HD 6870

I also have an issue in which I get freezes and BSOD's when I watch any embedded script such as YouTube or a flash game or even Silverlight.
Let me know if you have experienced the same thing or know a solution to this.
Thanks!
-Goosht

As i understand all your screen moves to the left. What are you holding near a screen :D I had a same problem when i was holding old - good Nokia 3310 near screen, next time i had the problem i was holding subwoofer near it.
For a BSOD: it usually means that your system have some hardware compatibility issue. BSOD can appear after bad system drivers too. More - heat, dust, hardware is damaged.
Hope it helped, good luck. ;]

Could I get a little more information, as I don't think it's what wytas suggested?
How many monitors do you have hooked up? How are they hooked up (interface wise)?
I've had very odd issues when it comes to these 6000 series amd cards and having two monitors (one using a digital signal i.e. hdmi, dvi, display port, etc. & one using analog i.e. D-SUB/VGA) hooked up.
Once I re-installed the drivers after disconnecting the analog one, the problem stopped.
Tell me if this is similar, and if not we'll have to think of something else.

Well I am using only one screen and it is technically a TV which I use. Except it is not the TV since I used the same port for other devices and it works flawlessly. I use an HDMI cable which I use.

Back
Top Bottom