Screen Resolution and Stretching - PC game on Widescreen TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigs88

Beta member
First post - sorry its going to be a wall of text as I'm not that tech-savy and most of my stuff is bare min/obsolete. Hopefully this is in the correct section.
Specs:
Win7 - 64 bit
Intel Pentium Dual 3ghz Processor
Radeon HD 6670 video card
3gb ram
DLCD32 - 32" hdtv monitor supposedly "720p" or 1080i I don't know, its old and it was cheap.

The manufacturer claims native resolution is 1366x768 the tv has several "aspect ratio" functions: normal, wide, zoom, cinema. The best resolution for normal appears to be 1024x768 and 1360 (not 1366) x 768 for wide, I never use the other two options. 99% of the time my screen is set to 1360x768 and wide.

Here is my problem,
I have been beta testing a video game, SWTOR, and it seems no matter what my resolution is my screen appears slightly stretched horizontally. I thought it might have been something with my gfx card or the game resolution since I've never encountered this problem with any other games, including games made by the same developer. I tried playing the game in window mode, fullscreen, and several different resolutions 1280x720, 1366x768, 1360x768, 1024x768 (in window), and others. I also tested it on my 19" flat screen monitor at 1024x768 - looks normal. So upon setting my resolution to 1024x768 and changing the aspect ratio on the TV setting from wide to normal the game no longer looks stretched. I'm not sure why this appears to only be an issue with this game and nothing else. I am hoping someone has some great suggestions. Thank you for your help.

Also, maybe someone has some suggestions how to improve my frame rate with this setup - I know its not optimal but I really have no idea how to get the best performance out my card.

-Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom