screen res due to new GPU

theguyinthecorner

Beta member
i just recently installed an asus radeon HD 7850 2Gb gddr5 and after installation and configuration i came to realize that even though my screen res is set to 1080P ,on HD tab rather than the basic one, on the GPU and on windows its set to 1920x1080 which is also the screen res native to my monitor. but my problem lies in that the desktop does not fill the screen and i cant figure out why? please help. i have tried all kinds of trouble shooting. i am no pro with computers but i do know my way around them. but i think there is something i may be missing and just trying to get this all configured and use the full screen.

side note and if its needed to be put in "overclocking" thread i will just let me know. - the card i bought after reading review after review i got the feeling this card would allow me to play on much better quality settings but even after using the GPU overclocking program and maxing it out i dont get anything better than medium quality which is all i get on default settings as well and i used F.E.A.R's benchmark which is older and should allow for max quality if not max at least high and default come out as medium any ideas on how i can get better quality to my FPS mainly?
i am just getting in to PC gaming and trying to learn as much as possible on how to get the most out of my pc with out killing it :) thanks in advance.

did you install its drivers?

did you go from a really not good card to this one? sounds like you just need to adjust the settings on your monitor using the physical buttons on the monitor.

Back
Top Bottom