Screen is hazed with Horozontle lines.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I've booted up a System of a friends who has given me the Computer to look at after the DVD\RW Drive was not accepting DATA Disks. When I've booted up the System the Screen is phazed with horozontle Lines, and ste System still does not accept DATA Disks. Can any one Help please.

Also I've tried and Changed the IDE Cables of the DVD\RW Drive but the system still is Hazy.

Has anyone any Idea?

Thank you.

I've booted up a System of a friends who has given me the Computer to look at after the DVD\RW Drive was not accepting DATA Disks. When I've booted up the System the Screen is phazed with horozontle Lines, and ste System still does not accept DATA Disks. Can any one Help please.

Also I've tried and Changed the IDE Cables of the DVD\RW Drive but the system still is Hazy.

Has anyone any Idea?

Thank you.

Rule number 1, take that dvd drive and toss it into the garbage.
In order to help you out what kind of mobo, ram,cpu and vga card is he using ?
Have a look at the components serial number labels if you don't know what it is.
Either I or the others will look up the info over time and go from there to help you out. :)

Sorry for the late reply, just I've not been online much lately Mike. Thread is pritty old, but I thought I would update you. I handed back the Computer to my Friends Mother, as to wich she was gonna take it to the local shop for get Pro Advice. I'm not sure but I think it was a problem with the onbord VGA with the Horozontle Lines comeing accross the screen, mabie the Mobo it self was faulty I'm not sure. Anyways I hope she gets it Fixed.

Sorry for the late reply, just I've not been online much lately Mike. Thread is pritty old, but I thought I would update you. I handed back the Computer to my Friends Mother, as to wich she was gonna take it to the local shop for get Pro Advice. I'm not sure but I think it was a problem with the onbord VGA with the Horozontle Lines comeing accross the screen, mabie the Mobo it self was faulty I'm not sure. Anyways I hope she gets it Fixed.

I would lean towards graphics card problem or monitor problem.

I would lean towards graphics card problem or monitor problem.

The Graphics in the System was onboard. Its the type of system they have in the likes of the Colleges, and or Schools. Running XP Home. Quite Dated but tbh with even an old PCI GPU Card Installed, I would go as far to say you could get Win7HP out of it on the basic settings. I cant think of the Brand off hand, of the System. If your interested when she updates me I'll let you know.

Back
Top Bottom