Screen goes black while playing a game.

IC3S0UL

Beta member
Since I got this new pc.
My screen keeps on frequently going black while the sounds loop and forced to shut down, only when playing a game.
gpu: Geforece 9600 GT
cpu:GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz Intel586, level: 6

I have searched online and found that it could be a overheating problem, but I did a stress run, card went up to 70c without crashing and the card doesn't even reach that temperature while playing.
I have tried the newly 306.97 driver and the previous one, both crash.
So I'm running out of ideas of what it could be and hope any of you guys know a solution.
Thanks.

What happens if you play the game in windowed mode? What kind of power supply do you have? What "stress run" did you test it with?

I have tried windowed mode a few times thought hasn't crashed but I can try windowed mode for the day to see if it crashes.
I used Furmark.
power supply is:
MIOS,
model number: 400U-500PS
AC INPUT:115/230~,7A/4A,50-60Hz
DC OUTPUT:500W

Does it crash on only certain games or just on all full screen games.
I remember I built a computer for someone and he bought a Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 video card. It crashed the computer to the bluescreen when you tried to play Skyrim or Fallout New Vegas on fullscreen but not on windowed mode. It was an otherwise really good card. He didn't seem to mind but I'm glad I don't have one of those video cards.
So it might just be your video card.

Also, I don't own an Nvidia card in any of my modern desktops but in AMD overdrive, if you have everything set to max, that makes it crash sometimes while playing a game. Be sure to look in your Nvidia control panel and turn off any overclock-type settings that might be available.

Last edited:
Well I haven't played alot of games lately, but pretty much the games that I have played that are quite big crash on full screen.
I been playing a game on windowed and it hasn't crashed.

Back
Top Bottom