Screeching Noise :( ...Blue Screens HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

zach2k6

Baseband Member
A Screeching noise is coming from somewhere on the mobo (near the CPU and GPU) but i cant determine where the noise is actually coming from. The HD light flashes in conjuntion with the ''screeching noise'' but the noise is definatly not coming from the HD

Could it be a capacitator?

Also I have been getting random blue screen errors and poor gaming performance.

The PC has recently been formatted.

Specs:

AMD X2 64 4400
Geforce 7800GTX 256 (leadtek)
2gb Ram
DFI Lan Party nf4 mobo

Can anyone shed some light on what the problem might be??

Cheers

Is it the System speaker BEEPING, or is it a different kind of noise?

Also, will the machine boot up, or does it not even pass POST?
What kind of power supply are you using, and what Motherboard Model?

Ethereal_Dragon said:
Is it the System speaker BEEPING, or is it a different kind of noise?

Also, will the machine boot up, or does it not even pass POST?
What kind of power supply are you using, and what Motherboard Model?

Its not the system speaker.

Mobo = DFI Lan Party nf4 (socket 939)

PSU = Antec Truepower

Yes the computer boots up, but is acting very differently than it did a couple of weeks ago. Gives blue screen errors now and again, gaming is not the same, the screeching noise is doing my head in.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=170BD87E03FE7B73

<<listen carefully to that and you will here the ''screech''

Interesting that you say that the noise is in conjunction with the HDD LED.... At first I was thinking that perhaps the CPU or GPU fans might have dust in them, and if it gets in the bearings, it can screetch... I had my HTPC case fans do that a little while ago... case is a few years old.

Anyways, wouldn't be a bad idea to dust out the cause and evict those bunnies.....

I will have to listen to that clip later on today as I am at work right now....

take a look at the mobo and see if you can see any bad capacitors... I have seen people post that occaisionally they will rupture or bulge... haven't seen personally, but I have seen pics. I

Yea it definitly doesnt sound like a fan. i would of said hard drive, but you say it isnt that,, and you also say it isnt the system speaker. You have disconnected the speaker to be sure?

The only other thing i can think of is the good ol sound of electricity. Thats usually the sound that a transformer makes when the relays open and close really fast.

What psu do you have? Maybe you are not supplying enough power to something?

jseber1982 said:
Yea it definitly doesnt sound like a fan. i would of said hard drive, but you say it isnt that,, and you also say it isnt the system speaker. You have disconnected the speaker to be sure?

The only other thing i can think of is the good ol sound of electricity. Thats usually the sound that a transformer makes when the relays open and close really fast.

What psu do you have? Maybe you are not supplying enough power to something?

The sound never used to be there, but its louder than the HD and is CONSTANT (driving me mad). I have no idea what it could be. I took the side panel off the pc and had a good listen to make sure it wasent the HD, and it definatly is not.

Its either a sound coming from the mobo, the CPU or GPU.

The HD light flashes in time with the screeching sound.

I think when the hardrive is in use, its triggering something on the mobo to make that sound (maybe a power fault?)

Im gonna take everything out, give it a clean with compressed air, re-build, format and re-install...then hopfully my problems will be gone.

whoa... ur computer is loud...... lol i have the screeching sound too. and its coming from my GPU. its just the fan on its way of dieing.. but it sounds like a different case for u.

Did you cheked if it was your hard drive that borke up?? Run an utilitie for that you can find one on the manufacturer web site. Hope it helps.

****, that computer sounds like a vacuum cleaner... lol... I am so glad my Shuttle is almost completly silent... lol

That noise you hear is very interesting. I can't say that I have ever heard anything like that before... I wonder if it could be the PSU being strained.... perhaps it is stressed, then the hard drive uses power to spool up, and thats why it corresponds to when the HDD activity light comes on... AGAIN... thats just a guess... Do you have a spare PSU you can throw in there and try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom