Long story, will try to keep it short.
I have been trying to scann a pile of family photos for over a year now, my HP DeskJet all-in-one F4440 scanner for whatever reason will not scan, gives me some error about its drivers, which of course I upgrade from HPs own site and still nothing. Uninstall and reinstall, try again, nothing. So I finally broke down and bought a Flatbed scanner, a CanoScan 9000F. Install, try to scan, and the following pops up.
Cannot start the MP Navigatior EX. Check the following points.
1. The suported model of this software is as follows. Check your product model is listed
When your product model is not listed, install correspondent MP Navigatior or MP Navigator EX.
2. MP driver/scanner driver which supports your product model is installed.
3. Your product model is connected to PC properly and the power is ON, if there is a power supply.
4. Reconnect the USB cable when connected with USB.
1. CanoScan 9000f is indeed listed.
2. Drivers from CD didn't work and I downloaded them from Canons own site for my OS. Uninstalled and reinstalled.
3. I see a blue light, and if I turn it off and then back on the bulb in the scanner comes on for a moment, so yeah it has power.
4. I have done each step with all 6 USB ports on the computer.
OS was Windows XP Pro 32-bit. OS is now a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.
Oh, and this is a fresh installiation of Windows, it was high time to do it anyway.
What do I do now? Thanks.