Sb Audigy/ Usb Issues - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Cool Sb Audigy/ Usb Issues

I just installed a new sb audigy se, but i have to take the rail off of it cause it was too small. I updated the sound drivers, and it shows that it is working, but i get no sound? i think i hook everythin up properly. it didn't come with instructions and i am still learning all the facinating thing about the computer. I see on the card there is a lil white component that has about 80 pins, and another next to it that is black and smaller with 4 pins, do i need to hook one of these up? the black one says (AUX in) I tried to find something that looked like it went together? I think I will check the back of the cd player. anyway please help, i'm sure it is something minor that I forgot. The problem is is that my pc is recognizing the card, but i get no sound from it. I use a Logitech USB headset. I figured once the card was installed that it would recognize the usb, and send the signal accordingly.

Thansk for your help in advance.

Spiro

Old 08-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to wafflehammer
Default Re: Sb Audigy/ Usb Issues

i'm pretty sure if you are using a soundcard your speakers/headsets will have to hook into the card and not a USB port :|

Core i7 920 @ 3.0Ghz
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5
6gb G.Skill 1600mhz/9-9-9-24
Corsair 750XT
EVGA GTX 260---216core
WD 640gb
14590 3dmarks @ stock
Old 08-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Hello,

The USB Headset will work if you get sound in Windows. If you get no sound in Windows then you will get no sound in your headset.

That Aux In thing is to direct connect from your CD or DVD Drive to the sound card to play musin thru that directly with being able to adjust the sound from teh drive. This is more commonly used on older systems when there was a volume control right on the drive. Today it isnt so common to have on the drives.

I am not sure what yo umean by the 80 pin connector. I have not seen one on a sound card. But i would guess that is isnt necessary.

So first you have to get sound workign in Windows.

Cheers,
Mak

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 08-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

HUUUUUGE INCOMPATIBILITY ISSUES WITH AUDIGY SOUND CARDS AND VISTA. My Audigy 2 ZS became useless on my desktop when I installed Vista, I had to go back to XP.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

That is not true anymore. The Audigy has perfect drivers. There are the Daniel K driver which work. There is also a beta set that works perfectly. There was a update to the X-Di drivers recently as well that work perfectly. So that statement is not true anymore. Maybe at first when Vista was released but not anymore.

Cheers,
Mak

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread