SATA questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamei

Beta member
Hello, this will be my first post but i been here reading on and off and getting a lot of information, but I think its tiem I ask my own :)

Anyways I am a total noob when it comes to SATA drives(yes better late then never :) ) well I got my new SATA HDD in its a WD Raptor 36gig 10k RPM. I am gonna do a full new installation on it with it being my only HD mostly for gamign so thats why.

Anyways I read about the F6 to install the drivers and stuff I have a P4P800 E-Deluxe board so I browsed the CD and found the drivers of course Promise, but it had 378ATA and 378RAID... this totally blew me off lol. And also what port do I shove the cable into SATA1 and SATA2 or SATA_RAID1 and SATA_RAID2? So I am lost on what to do and was hoping someone here is using the same board or is doing what I am doing.

And what should my BIOS settings be?

I know these might sound like noob questions but hey I did mention I am new at this stuff.

Thanks for any help that is given.

ok first of all raid requires more then one hard drive, so your not going to be using that. When you said browse the cd what cd are you browsing? Sata drivers won't be on the windows cd.

Bios settings are a little too big of a subject to even start to make a response on, you'd be best to check out a site that explains lots of bios settings, and then if your confused about one ask about that specific bios setting.

You do not need to do any thing speciel to load an SATA HDD. XP can do that just fine.................all of my hulds are SATA and only the RAID systems require F6 and additional drivers to oad the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom