SATA not recognizing Hard Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello all. I just ordered some new parts for a PC that Im rebuilding. I ordered a Asus P5N-D along with 4GB memory.. For some reason, my bios is not recognizing any of the SATA hard drives Im plugging in. I have two drives that I tried and both with different SATA Cables and Ports, and the bios still shows "None" for SATA 1-4.. Im not sure whats going on?? I know both hard drives work for a fact..

Yes, everything is spinning and I made sure everything was tight in place. I got one of the hard drives to work once, but then it was stuck at the Bios screen and didn't continue. I continued to call Asus Tech Support and the guy wanted me to install windows on it, but the hard drive couldn't even be found. There was a previous partition/os on one of the hard drives and the other hard drive had some backup files on it.. I put both of those Hard Drives in MY machine and completely reformatted them, but haven't tried sticking them in yet to see if it can detect them. Could the board be defective? Is there some setting I have to change for them to recognize it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom