Hey, I made my pc from parts, put it together and everything worked like a charm EXCEPT the installation of my SATA Drivers. I followed these instructions exactly, I got to number 3, but when prompted to insert the floppy containing the SATA drivers I do so, but it keeps telling me it is not in the floppy drive. My first thought was a bad floppy, I tired 2 others, then I tried a different floppy drive that I knew to be working. It still will not recognize the driver, I changed the bios but still nothing. It sees the harddrive, and shows that it has 120Gigs, but it won't install the drivers. This harddrive was purchased at newegg
it's OEM so I don't want to have to buy another harddrive for $70.
Install driver during Windows XP installation
0. After you unpack driver, please copy files under subdirectory
SATA50XX to the root directory of floppy diskette (called driver
Therefore, in root directory of floppy diskette you will see:
(1) Files "disk1" and "txtsetup.oem",
(2) Directory "win_2000", "win_xp" and related driver files in each
(please refer to "Driver File List" as below)
1. Booting from CD-ROM, when the Windows XP Setup blue screen
appear and prompt user to Press F6 if you need to install third
party SCSI or RAID driver, please press F6 key:
2. The setup program will continue, later when the setup program
prompts user to specify additional adapters, please press S
3. Then the setup program will prompt user to insert the driver
diskette. Please insert the driver diskette, then press ENTER
4. The follow-up window will list out the installation choices,
please select ULi SATA/RAID Controller for Windows XP
and press ENTER to continue;
5. The follow-up window will list out the devices to be installed,
in which selected ULi controller(s) should be included;
6. If users want to install other devices, please operate at this time.
If all devices have been successfully installed, please go to next
7. Press ENTER to continue Windows XP setup.
Any sudgestions will help, thanks.