Sata Not Detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

subarudude1972

Beta member
I am having trouble geting my new SATA drive to work. Here is my set up.

ECS K8T890-A
AMD ATHLON64 4000+
CORSAIR RAM 2-GIG (2x 1 GB)
PNY FX5700VE
DVD ROM
DVDRW
FLOPPY

Here is the problem.

I installed a new WD Caviar SE 7200 SATA drive. I used the Data Lifeguard Tools (DLT) cd and that software sees it fine and allows me to go through the hard drive set up, Partition, format, ect. After HD setup is complete I remove the DLT and reboot to DVD with windows xp. No matter what I do after Windows loads all the setup files it states that it can not detect a hard drive. I have tried to hit F6 and not hit F6. No IDE is attached. I can't find any new bios update from ECS. Hard drive is not seen in BIOS. Am I missing something. No floppy came with the MB. Only MB drivers CD. No floppy with the HD. Just the DLT CD.

the HDD may not show in BIOS, if the SATA controller is not part of the main CHipset, and runs off a Secondary Onboard Raid Controller (theres usualy a different Key displayed after POST to enter any Secondary Raid Controller options).

though you dont need to change any BIOS setting inorder to simply detect the HDD.

...you need to go to the MOtherboard Manufactuers website and download the SATA Raid Boot Driver for Floppy.... extract the Driver to a Floppy.... boot to WinXP setup and press F6 when it says, it will automatically read the Floppy and prompt you to select the Driver from floppy(if theres more then 1 version).... once it loads the Driver it will detect the SATA HDD as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom