SATA not being detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaMonkey

Beta member
I've recently bought a 250GB Samsung SpinPoint P120S SATA2 Hard Drive which I want to use as my primary hard drive and was planning on upgrading from windows 2000 to XP by installing XP on the new Samsung drive.

But when I disconnect my old HD (a Maxtor ATA 120GB) and begin the install on the SATA drive it says that there is no HD connected. I've tried hitting F6 at the beginning of the install and installing the SATA drivers from the floppy disk that came with my motherboard but I still get the message that there is no HD detected.

I'm using a proper SATA connection cable as well as a SATA power cable. I googled the problem and found a website with a walkthough that used a similar BIOS but the pictures show options under Inegrated Peripherals to enable SATA drives that don't appear on my BIOS.

I've got a K7N2 Delta Series MSI motherboard with Phoenix BIOS 7.80, Version 1.3 (I updated to this version because I thought that perhaps I was missing some SATA options on the BIOS, but after the update there still weren't any) Any ideas? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom