SATA HDD Freezing computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

PersianMafia

Baseband Member
Hey guys,
So my 80GB Seagate SATA drive with my OS insalled stopped loading windows. When I started windows, it would go all the way to the windows load screen, then right before it should show the mouse pointer and desktop it restarts. I figured okay, this is just some stupid error, I'll just try repairing. Repairing ssent me to a blue screen saying something about ntfs.sys being corrupt. So I figured okay, I'm going to have to suck is up and just re-install XP again loosing all my programs/settings. I start the XP install, then it restarts as soon as it tries to access the drive and start copying the files.

I decide to get out my older IDE drive and install XP on that temporary until I either fix this problem or get a new drive. So I installed XP, and the raid drivers and when I have my 80GB SATA plugged in the MOBO it doesn't let the computer start - restarting it all the time after the windows load screen (just like before). Then I say to myself, SATA is hot wired (is that the right phrasing) I can plug it in while windows is loaded back up my few documents/emails/music that I hadn't backed up on my other HDD, then format it all in windows. Anyways, when I plug in the 80GB sata while windows is loaded, It loads up my first partition fine, then while Its loading the second partition it just restarts the computer.

Now, I know this HDD is finished, but I'm just curious as to whether there is anyway to explore the HDD and get some of my files off of it? Maybe there's some application that loads sata drives that are corrupt?

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom