SATA hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvmywrx

Beta member
I have bought a SATA hard drive and it is plugged into the mother board and i tried to mess around in bios and it will not read the hard drive. Can anyone help me with this problem. Im sure you will need more info.

Im sure you will need more info.

To help, we will most definitely need more info. Give us your current computer specs to start out with.

Do you have an OS currently installed on another hard drive in that computer?

Make sure you check your cables and confirm they are snugly connected to the hard drive because I have had this happen many times and 90% of the time it has been due to data or power cables that have shaken loose for whatever the reason. Also check the data connection to your motherboard.

-Chase-

To help, we will most definitely need more info. Give us your current computer specs to start out with.

Do you have an OS currently installed on another hard drive in that computer?

Make sure you check your cables and confirm they are snugly connected to the hard drive because I have had this happen many times and 90% of the time it has been due to data or power cables that have shaken loose for whatever the reason. Also check the data connection to your motherboard.

-Chase-

I am running windows Vista 64bit on another hard drive. I checked the cables i will try to check them again.

I have a intel core duo e4500 2.20 ghz
2gb memory
Asus P5nsli mother board.

what should my bios settings be at?

Check your motherboard manual, some sata ports are unable to handle booting into a hard drive. I know I had that problem with my ASUS p5k motherboard.

Hello,

Check in your BIOS. You might have to turn on the SATA Port that you hooked up the new hard drive to. I know that with my system i have to manually turn on my SATA Ports for them to work. If ont the hard drive will be connected but not recognized cause the port itself is turned off.

Cheers,
Mak

i tried to connect the sata to another port and checked all connections they are fine. I also switched the sata ports on in bios and still nothing. BTW this is just for a slave I am not trying to run windows off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom