SATA drives not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yashy99

Beta member
Hi

I've already posted this question in a different area, which I think was wrong as it hardware related..so apologies if anybody had to read this twice.

I'm a newb to these forums and I've been dealing with this problem for days on end now.

I've literally been building my new PC, so it's a complete newbuild but my Hard disk and DVD drives won't get detected in the BIOS. When I turn on the PC, the 'POST boot shows it has picked up a 160GB Sata II Hard disk only. However, when I go into the BIOS there's nothing detected. I've checked the SATA configuration and they are 'IDE'. The DVD drive has power, but is also not detected in the BIOS which means I can't install anything.

These are the specs:
Motherboard: Asus P5Q PRO
HDD: Seagate ST3160815AS - BARRACUDA 7200.10 160GB SATA-II
DVD: Sony AD-7203S-0B

Any input would be great peeps.

Yash

Have you tried different SATA ports on your mobo? Also, make sure RAID is disabled and it sounds like SATA mode is already set to IDE.

I've tried different ports on the motherboard. IDE mode is definitely on too. I keep reading on different forums that maybe Raid should be turned on if IDE is not working? Is it worth resetting the motherboard in case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom