Sapphire Radeon X850 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty111

Solid State Member
Hi, i built a new pc two weeks ago. I've have a few problems which i've sorted and now down to the last one which i know of.

I seem to have a small problem with the graphics card-- in some motion and video i see very quick lines at certain points on the screen where it appears theres a break in the refresh rate. It rather hard to explain. but i'm hoping somebody will understand.

Although not a gamer, in game graphics seem fine in Tombraider Legend and Age of Empires 3. The problem appears more during this such as some of these animations; http://www.theprodukkt.com/ --- my laptop with 16mb video could render these fine, just at a slower fps. I've seen it during fairly basic screen savers, ones similair to the Mac OS X colour one. Also during the intro movie to tombraider i see these random flash/problems. And although not recently i've seem it during video playback!

I know this is'nt a mega powerful graphics card, i'm surprised that some things are better (i some ways )on my 5 year old laptop.

I tryied the omega drivers, didn't play with them for long. Bad to standard ATI. Have no idea what could be wrong, maybe just a setting? I have a ASUS A8N32, have put this card in slot on and its set to primary. I have 1gb ram and a 4200 X2 processor.

If anyone has an idea it would be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom