SanDisk Dog Toy - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Question SanDisk Dog Toy

Hey guys I'm back with another unique question (you know i like to keep people here on their toes). So today we where doing some home fix-it stuff and failed to keep a close eye on my puppy. Well puppies are puppies. He proceeded to help himself to things on my coffee table to play with, one of which is my friends 2g San Disk thumb drive. He only had it for a sec, but needless to say the damage is done. So after fiddling with it i decided to rip it out of the case and try plugging it in that way, but to no avail. I have a thumb drive to replace my buddies, but the catch is it held some important documents. Now this isn't some save the world important but it is stuff he really didn't want to loose. When i plug it in on one computer it lights up but the computer doesn't respond as if its there. On the other computer it recognizes a device in the drive but doesn't know what it is nor does it light up. So basically i am just here to get a few ideas of things to try. What up?

Look! It's moving. It's alive. It's alive... It's alive, it's moving, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!

Intel i5 3570k 3.5 quad | Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 mobo
Cosair XMS3 2x4GB 1333MHz DDR3 | EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 550Ti 1GB DDR5
Corsair 700w PSU | Western Digital Blue Cavier 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA II | Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Old 08-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: SanDisk Dog Toy

Might want to try a Linux Boot-CD See if that can detect the drive and/or data.

BTW, keep those things well out of reach from all animals. Including little humans.
__________________ Steam Account
Closed Thread