Samsung 2494HM doesn't display native resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvietori

Beta member
Can't display 1920x1080 on Intel GMA 3100 w/ Samsung 2494HM

Hi there,

We are in process of upgrading several users with new monitors (Samsung 2494HM) that have a native resolution of 1920x1080.

I have three users with a particular model PC that has the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 onboard graphics card.

I have already upgraded two users with the new monitor, without any issues. All I did was shutdown, plug in the new monitor, restart, and I was able to display 1920x1080 no problem.

The third user, however, has some weird issue that is preventing from displaying 1920x1080. Whenever I set it to that res, instead of it filling the full screen, there are black bars displayed on both sides of the desktop and the desktop is shrunk horizontally, skewing all images/text. It looks plain awful. I have to downgrade it to 1680x1050 in order for the desktop to fill the whole monitor screen, but since it's not the native res, it looks blurry and text is skewed.

I have already tried installing the latest driver from Intel, I've also removed all drivers (including monitors from Device Manager) and reinstalling from scratch, and still no luck.

It's as if Windows has some kind of hardware profile from the old monitor stuck in it, causing the graphics card to display wonky-like with the new monitor. I don't know! I can't explain it at all.

I've also swapped out different monitors of the same model, it happens on all of them that are connected to that PC.

Anyone with ideas? Much appreciated!

Check the Device Manager to make sure that the old monitor is not listed in there and that the new one is listed in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom