Samsung 19" 204B

Status
Not open for further replies.

geist

Solid State Member
Dont know if this is hardware section but i imagin :p...today i bought a new moniter...Samsun 204B flatscreen 20 inch lcd and picture and everything is great accept in games...well i think the proper term for the problem im getting is "ghosting" when i move mouse a little to fast things seem to blur horribley and this is horrible for the games i play, Unreal tournament , quake 3 etc. is their any fix for it...ive installed all the drivers and i know i havnt connected anything wrong i checked.i figured i would post here first than call tech support cause i truely trust us fellow geeks more than tech for first opinion :p I also cant get into image setup with magic tune or with buttons on pc keeps telling me "unavailable" been looking everywhere to find somewhere to enable that but to no luck have i found it

The 204b is a great looking monitor, it's response time is fast enough that ghosting shouldn't be an issue. Are you running these games at the monitor's native resolution or below?
Also, when you're in the game, try doing an "auto adjust", see if that helps.
Lastly, be sure your response time is set decently high when your games are playing and doesn't suddenly go way down when they're on.

Alright , i see from your specs u and me have the same video card etc... my mistake its the 20" model and where would i find these auto adjust and how would i find the response time...this moniter is great and supports awsome resolutions i would love to have this thing working and yes im running games at its recommended resolution of 1600x1200 im really noob with moniters so i appologize :p *edit*
Ive found the auto adjust button but whenever i press it it just says "auto adjust not available" im running this moniter in digital output instead of analog one also...would that be a problem? ive tried the analog also but found no improvment

called samsung earlier their replacing it...hope this one doesnt give me the same problems :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom