Salvaging files from HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBD

In Runtime
Hey guys....I downloaded a new registry cleaner and it ****ed my registry up:( I made a restore point and used the backup option of the registry cleaner program, The problem is when my computer tries to startup it freezez on the screen that says windows xp with a blue backround, I tryed all the options in f8 to get it to work, with no luck.

I disconnected my master HDD and hooked up my slave HDD as the master, Then I used my emachine restore cds. I didn't have anything importint on my slave HDD and I wanted to do a fresh install XP on my new HDD(slave) because its a little faster. so I'm not too upset about the whole thing.

My question is, Can I take my HDD thats got the screwed up registry and connect it as the slave HDD, to get my music and what-not off of it, before I reformat it?

I didn't install spell-check yet;)

Something similar happened to me, so i got a different hard drive and put xp on it just as you did. After the new hard drive had xp, i plugged in my messed up one and i could go into it and do whatever i wanted, didnt even need any kind of utility at all.

yea exactly, it will just appear in My Computer, just open it and copy everything across.

Just out of curiosity, what regisry cleaner was it? I use Registry Mechanic 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom