sager 9890 power supply clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
The actual ac power supply on this thing is the size of a brick. Whenever the laptop draws a lot of power, I can hear a clicking sound coming from inside it. Dont know if it is a realy or what. Anybody else have a sager with the same problem?

Iv seen other people post about this, but nobody can figure out why it does it.

thanks

I have a Hypersonic Aviator GX7 with the same "problem". It's not a problem - just the powersupply pushing a lot of juice out. I wouldn't worry about it - laptops like this need a LOT of power, and it's natural for a lot of power to make ocassional noise.

awsome thanks. does yours have the 7800? If so, what temps is it hitting. This **** thing is hittin up to 80*C. Dont know if that is in the specs for failure or not. But the fans are not blocked or anything, So used to my desktop stuff running cool

maybe I should get my power supply checked out then....

My Hypersonic has a 3.4 HT EE - it hit 68C last night - I'm swapping the processor with my desktop because of this (2.53P4). Also, my laptop has the ATi Radeon 9700 256mb Mobility in it.

About cooling - you might want to check out some cooling trays, or raising the laptop up off of the desk surface so there's more ventilation area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom