Safely Remove Hardware - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Safely Remove Hardware

I get this icon

In Windows on my taskbar.....This always shows up on it after I recently reformated my computer.....I have 2 hard drives...and this icon is suggesting I remove my 2nd hard drive which I do NOT want to do....I havnt touched the 2nd hard drive at all, I only reformated the primary hard drive which I have windows installed on.

Why would this happen and what can I do to get rid of this annoying icon. Thanks.

PS if it makes a difference...My second harddrive was automatically renamed from M: to D: ever since the reformat of my C: harddrive...

Old 11-03-2006, 11:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

You must have SATA drives. If so That is what my computer has also but it shows both drives. And a computer shop that I had build a fellow worker a computer with SATA also has that same thing going on. I just assumed that it was normal for SATA and just got used to seeing it. But it is kind of strange for sure.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

well, glad I'm not the only one
Closed Thread