Ryzen 5 2400G problem

azaric

Beta member
Been using the corsair vengeance for 6 months now and it worked fine single channel as I thought I would upgrade it with another stick when holiday discounts come and ram prices go down. It's one stick of 8GB. After buying another stick it started crashing with bsod codes like "video tdr failure", "irql not less or equal" or the latest one "kmode exception not handled". I thought it would be the newer stick that's faulty. It's the most logical answer right? Well, I was wrong. The newest stick is all fine by itself and the old one is still rocking. They both work alone @ 3066MHz, but they dont even want to come close to rated 2666MHz. Right now, the problem I've been having besides BSODs is that when I open up CS:GO, it closes down when I try to join a team. The timings are the one that are written on the RAM or increased for overclocking

The things I tried:
- running each of them single channel - worked
- running both at 2133MHz - worked
- running them at 3066MHz - didn't work (keep in mind I increased voltage to 1.35/6 V
- uninstalling all AMD drivers from my PC and reinstalling them chipset - then graphics driver - kinda worked game crashes tho

The full specs are:
- AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
- MSI B350M Gaming Pro @ 3.9GHz GPU @ 1.5
- 240GB SSD and 1TB HDD
- 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz

Sorry for my bad English if it is, I'll do any benchmarks you guys ask for, I just want to get this solved. Thanks!

2 problems. Firstly, Ryzen doesn't really like anything above 2933, and the chips that will run higher than 3000 require a ton of subtiming tweaking with matched sticks.
Second, your RAM is 2666, and 3066 is not only a weird ratio, but a 400MHz overclock from their rated speed. Manually set your timings, voltage, and speed (to 2666) and run it that way. The reason the both work at 2133 is because it's below the rated speed.

Back
Top Bottom