Router Setup!!! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

artie80

Beta member
After days of my time wasted, I finally figured out I didnt have the proper drivers installed on my computer to connect my cable modem via ethernet. I managed to connect to the internet with my cable modem connected to my computer with ethernet. now the bad news. When I try to run the setup CD that came with my router, I get all the way to the part that says restarting you network. I am POSITIVE I connected the cables correctly, and all the setup does is go to a page that tells me there is no connection. wth? In the first step it clearly told me that It found a connection and it was active. I noticed that when I connected my modem to my router, theinternet light blinks rapidly, and it stays that way : /..... Someone told me to call adelphia (my isp), but I have no idea what I should have them do. PLESE HELP!!! reply to this thread or email me @ paintballfreak08@hotmail.com

ps, i already tried diabling dhcp on my modem config page, I dont even know what that does. Somebody suggested it to me earlier, and it did nothing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom