Router Prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
On 1 of my previous threads, it was stated that the ping from my PC/Laptop to Router should come back 0ms.

Here's what happens when I ping:

2vbtojq.jpg

So I tried accessing my router through the browser, then I realize it's taking forever to connect and load up the page...then this happened:

2uigknt.jpg

What could be the cause of this problem? Also this happened when trying to connect to the router via a wired connection, not wireless.

Reset router.

could be a failing router.

a firmware update may be in order.
Linksys by Cisco - WRT54GS Support
It only has version 1-6 there, my router is version 7 :(. Also I re-pinged again and got "Min=0ms Max=1mx Average=0ms". Tried to access the router and it loads perfectly now.

Also came to realize I had both the Wireless and Wired connection on when I had the problem, so I disabled the wireless. I reset the router also, seems either of those two things solved it I guess.

Thanks for the input though :).

I have always LAN and WiFi on (both) ... what's the problem?
Wasn't the problem in IP confict between WiFi and LAN interfaces actually?

That's weird! It is normal they are working at a same time.
It should be IP conflicting, maybe you have setup for LAN static IP but DHCP for WiFi and they tried to be the same. It should work with both interfaces enabled.

That's weird! It is normal they are working at a same time.
It should be IP conflicting, maybe you have setup for LAN static IP but DHCP for WiFi and they tried to be the same. It should work with both interfaces enabled.
Well I didn't set anything :(. The DHCP is enabled on the router since day 1 and I just installed the router software on the laptop and use the guide to connect wireless. Haven't gone through any setup with anything to do wit IP to my knowing.

I just installed the router software on the laptop and use the guide to connect wireless
That's it! Actually you don't need any software, just enable WiFi and provide WPA key if necessary. DHCP does the rest. But configutaion software is something more inteligent ... depends how it configure router and notebook wifi.
Ok, whatever, it is working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom