Router not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay.. i dunno why, but this router just doesnt wanna work, i've tried countless times, but it just won't go... i have a linksys 4 port router.. and the wan light will not turn on.. i let it sit for about 15 minutes hooked with the modem but it doesnt wanna work.. and its making me angry, because i don't want anyone else using my computer... because they go and **** **** up....

anyway, does anyone have any solutions to this?

well i used everything that came with the disc, didnt have any drivers on it.... and i have tried reseting both, lemme take a look at the disc again

its ok some routers come with drivers others dont however have you tried going to your default gateway to set it up. 192.168.*.*

Try a different cable between your modem and router. When you plug your computer into the router does it assign you an ip number?

hey stry pinging a site like google

start > run > cmd > ping www.google.com and it should ping it also try to see if you are getting an ip by start > run > cmd > ipconfig

Hey there,
so this is a new router? You have all the codes activated on ur exchange? If not u need to call ur ISP and get them to attach the codes to ur phone exchange.

But you can see the router menu's via ur PC?

You have the patch cable running between your modem and router's lan port right? After that unplugg both the router and the modem for a few minutes then plug them back in.

Do you have cable or dsl? If you have DSL then you will need to enter your user name and P/W into the PPPoe section of the router.

Like others have asked are you able to connect to the router with the internal IP that is in your manual? There are different ones for different routers, but it should be something like 192.168.1.1 so in your brower type http://192.168.1.1/ and get the default username and password from the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom