router issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeonic

Beta member
I play Battlefield 2, when ever i do a server update all other computer's on my netowork are disconnected from the internet, for example, I do server update in BF2, and my girlf friend is on msn or guildwar's it will disconnect her from both services, but my computer still has connection, im not sure if this is a router issue. im using a linksys wrk54g, anyone have any idia's?

Simialar thing happens to my friend when he signs into XBL. I tried telling him to do a power cycle on his network, but I don't think he's tried it yet. Maybe you could try updating your firmware to the latest relase..?

Only thing I can think off is your wireless router is dropping every other computer on your network due to low bandwidth, try to get the other computer closer to the router and see what happens.

?

Im not using the wireless connection, it's all wired.
this is a tough one. not sure what could be doing it.
I did a manufactures reset on my router, so all the setting's were reset, and i have the same issue. I should just go buy a new router and see what happen's.

It is a wireless router, Im not using the wireless connection, everything is wired, Also i brought back this router and exchanged it for a new one of the same brand, only because i had to, I still have the same problem with bf2 server update's, I also have a problem updating the firmware on both of these router's, it seem's the firmware update from linksys is bunk, it failed on both router's with the exact same error.
FYI dont buy a linksys, im still waiting on them to reply to my e-mail for tech support from like the same day of this post.

Bought a new Netgear Router.
Problem solved.
crappy linksys router,
i got a new linksys router of the same model, it failed, not even 1 month old, the dhcp server wouldnt release an ip#.
ipconfig /renew, kept saying access denied.
so i took it backand got a netgear router.
no more disconnect issue's.
no more wireless signal problem's.
and the router administration page is much better :)

xeonic said:
Bought a new Netgear Router.
Problem solved.
crappy linksys router,
i got a new linksys router of the same model, it failed, not even 1 month old, the dhcp server wouldnt release an ip#.
ipconfig /renew, kept saying access denied.
so i took it backand got a netgear router.
no more disconnect issue's.
no more wireless signal problem's.
and the router administration page is much better :)

Glad to hear your problem's solved, thanks for letting us know the resolution :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom