RMA questions

FoxiStatis

Baseband Member
So I had to RMA a hard drive disk, and I want very happy about doing it but, sea gate sent me this email saying the hard drive i sent wasn't covered,i already received a replacement doesn't toys meani have to pay for it? excuse me if i sound retarded i haven't slept for days and I'm on my phone lol thanks and cheers.

Did they charge you in anyway....like on a credit card?
If they sent you a replacement and did not charge you then there's some kind of mix-up at Seagate. when you go through the RMA process, I think they give you a Case Number, You should be able to make an inquiry through that about the rma status again

Last edited:
I was able to talk to my mom before she left to goto work, she said they're most likely going to get me to pay for it. Thats not cool :(. Do you think I could somehow at least get my last HDD back and still pay for it? Or.........?

I've done a couple rma's through Seagate, They tell you that you will not get your original drive back and you will lose any data on it in the .pdf instructions on making the return. They are very specific on how you package and return your old drive. I regret to say but chances of getting you old drive back are slim, If they did not charge you then I can't see how they can charge you after they sent you a replacement, unless they have your credit card number. If they denied your rma, they do send back your old drive or at least it's supposed to be your old drive. Does this drive they sent to you work?
You need to contact Seagate to find out why they denied your rma

Last edited:
I was able to talk to my mom before she left to goto work, she said they're most likely going to get me to pay for it. Thats not cool :(. Do you think I could somehow at least get my last HDD back and still pay for it? Or.........?

You'll need to contact SeaGate to find out.

When you log in. read this link:
Seagate Limited Warranty Returns Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
May I ask when you puichased the hard drive ?
It if has been over a year ago and a retail purchase, no they won't replace it.
If it was a refurbished by them through another online store or etc, warrenty will be limited to 30 days 90 days.

If you still want the drive back and repaired, 10 bucks says they will chuck it into the disposal bin and send you another at full retail cost.

I recommend you look into getting a new hard drive if you can afford it.

Back
Top Bottom