Rivatuner 2.22 experts help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlazer

In Runtime
I have 2 problems.

1.) I can not link my fanspeed to my GPU core temps as I did with the older versions of Rivatuner.

2.) Since my drivers are now 181.22 for my 8800GTS 512....... I went into "Power User" ---> "RivaTuna\System" ---> "Force Driver Version" ---> and I typed in "18122"......... after that, I get this message EVERY time I load up Rivatuner "RivaTuner cannot continue because specified launcher item identifier is invalid. The shortcut is no longer valid and must be removed."

Can anybody please help me?

Well first off what are you trying to accomplish with Riva? It hasn't been updated to use 181.22 yet. And you don't need to set it in most cases anyway.

I've used Rivatuner for the last couple of years to set my GPU fanspeed according to what temperature my GPU is......... so I get the type of fanspeed/cooling I want...... as my GPU temperature increases, my fan speed increases........ that way my GPU won't be too hot. I didn't know it didn't support 181.22 when I did that........

I'll check out the evGA tool, thx a lot!

Can also install nTune alongside the nVidia Control Panel, and set auto fan control within there.

Yeah I don't know why carnage (private joker temporarily) suggested it lol. He's a reliable guy with hardware.

I suggested it because it gives you the ability to set fan speed on auto, according to temps, whereas RivaTuner doesn't let you do that anymore ;). Not saying Riva is bad, I use it and love it. I just have my fan speed on a static speed, and OC with it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom