Ridding A/C feedback on stereo-output...

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshall5

Baseband Member
Merry X-mas everyone!!!

I have had an HP laptop, which I use to play various audio through my home audio system w/ a stereo-RCA adapter cable.

Upon initial plug-in, we were getting lots of audio feedback, which wasn't too apparent as to why. I figured, under voltage through the RCA's...

But nope, it's the HP's charging power from the inverter that is causing the emmense feedback.

As soon as the power is unplugged, and running off battery power, the sound quality is excellent.

Shouldn't HP have designed a power supply which doesn't interfere w/ audio feedback...or is it simply because it's HP?

I say this, because I'm beginning to realize HP stuff is a joke for the most part. Their customer service, is, "in another country", when I asked the cs rep on the phone I was speaking with, whom I could barely understand his english was soo poor. He wouldn't even tell me what country, he kept cutting me off.

Anyways, HP sux, and any ideas to fix this problem anyone? I was thinking some sort of inductor/capacitor setup before the laptop, but then I would have to mod the power supply to output more, as these passive throughputs will definitely induce a DC supply drop, and the thing sucks the battery capacity down like you wouldn't believe to begin with.

Am I asking this in the right place?

Thanks to all who can suggest...

yea hp sucks. i have a feeling it's not really 'feedback' but just noise being introduced into the line

you could always buy a noise suppressor/eliminator. it just plugs inline of your computer and your stereo receiver. you could get one for each channel or you could find a stereo one. either way, it'd probably have 1/4" inputs (because many of them are used in live stage situations) so you'd need some adaptors. just search google or froogle for "noise suppresor" and make sure it's not for 12-volt car audio systems.

this might work http://froogle.google.com/froogle_c...78&btnG=Search+Froogle&lmode=&addr=&scoring=p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom