Returning graphics card for low performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I don't experience any artifacting or anything like that with my card, but i experience much lower performance than deemed normal with my card. (Jaton 256 mb 7800gt) In WOW i can sometimes get down to 30 fps in towns such as ogrimmar on full settings and 1280*1024 resolution and down to the same in CS:S and half-life 2 with only 1152*854 resolution. I tried the card out on a different pc with good specs and got the same readings.

My specs on pc 1:

amd athlon 64 3700+
1 gig dual channel ram
Card mentioned above

Specs on pc 2:

Intel pentium 4 3.4 ghz processor.
1 gig of ram
card mentioned above.

Is it likely i could just make my case to the company and get either a refund or RMA?

The company is JATON.

Have you run any diagnostics on the card?

I'm not sure but i think programs like RivaTuner allow you to run low level diagnostics on the card.

Also run something like 3Dmark and compare your results online to se if they are below normal for your hardware setup.

I haven't run any diagnostics, but i have ran 3dmark05 and got about 6870 marks. I don't think that 3dmark is a direct reflection of how good the card is because of the fact that am i getting lower fps than people with around the same 3dmark05 score as me. It's either they are lying about their framerate, which i doubt twenty plus people would all do, or my card is just messed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom