Restarts on a cold boot - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
I can't brain today
Question Restarts on a cold boot

Hi Guys,

Just recently put my new computer together and all was good. But now when I turn the computer on from a cold boot it comes up with application errors within about 10 min of starting and then it auto reboots itself. The computer is fine after it restarts with no problems at all.

My specs are
E8200 Intel running at stock
P5N-E SLi ASUS board
bois 901 (most recent)
2gb at 5-5-5-16-21 at 400MHz frequency
ANTEC TruePower TRIO 650watt
and a 8600 GTS

Why would it only crash on a cold boot? Is it something to do with memory timings or something? Everything is brand new.

Thanks for your help!

Old 03-14-2008, 11:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default Re: Restarts on a cold boot

Does the same happen when you boot into safe mode?

|Desktop PC| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)| |AMD FX 4100 Black Edition 3.6 GHz @ 4.0 GHz OC| |Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO| |Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Super Overclock 1GB| |ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD SATA III HDD| |Kingston HyperX 8GB PC3-14900 DDR3-1866| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 03-15-2008, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

tommy_boy_07 welcome to tech forums

1.)i suggest that you go in and clean your pc of unwanted software and unstable software
i used to have nero and it corrupted and it did that to me until i found a way to successfully uninstall it myself.

2.) you have found and purchased a bad peice of ram i suggest getting memtest and running it[memtest=a ram diagnostic tool(takes forever to run though)]

if neither of those help i am srry thats all i can think of though
Old 03-16-2008, 11:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
I can't brain today

Gave memtest a run and all was fine, uninstalled nero which didn't fix the problem. Windows was only installed about a month ago so there isn't much juck on the system even though i look after that well anyway.

Any other suggestions?
Closed Thread