Restarting issue A8N32-SLI DELUXE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Difolo

In Runtime
So I posted a message around here some time ago about having a restarting issue with my A8N32-SLI Deluxe mobo. It took me a while but I finally got around to taking a closer look at it, until now I just kinda learned to live with it heh. Anyhow, whenever I restart my computer it freezes at the mobo screen. I unhooked the IDE and power to my slave drive (F) and now it will restart just fine. Is there anyway I can have my slave hooked up and it will restart at the same time? Thanks in advance for any advice!

I got on the phone with some of the people with ASUS and switched a few things around as the tech told me too, so now I have further narrowed my problem. Originally my two HDDs were set to the primary IDE on the mobo, now they are on the secondary and my CD/DVD are on the primary. This has fixed my restart problem, but now I can't see my CD device. Does this mean there is something wrong with the middle IDE connect on the IDE cable or does this mean there is something wrong with the primary IDE port on the mobo?

Heh so now Im in even more trouble! I can't even get the thing to start up with just the master drive. It loads up and says to check the boot priority or insert boot media. I have had my boot priority set to Master HDD>>Floppy>>DVD and Floppy>>Master HDD>>DVD and I still recieve this message. Can anyone help me out please??

I think my problem maybe that the primary ide on my motherboard is failing because it wont boot from the drive when its set to primary but it will when its set to secondary. However I don't understand why it sees both the master and slave in bios. When I hook my cd/dvd to my primary ide it doesnt see my cd(the slave of the two). Maybe I should just go buy a SATA HDD and bypass the entire port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom