Restarting and beeping "loop" without stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanto

Daemon Poster
Hi all;

As of this morning I'm having some trouble with my PC after I turn it on it made two short beeps and then it turn off by itself and after a couple of second it turns on again and do the same thing over and over like a continuously "loop".

I tried to clear the CMOS twice but It didn't do anything, this one problem have my hands tie on my back, any help would be greatly appreciate like always. (Specs are on the sig )

Thank You for your time and help!!

PS: Sorry for my bad English.

-----------
Phanto

Possibly memory. If you have more than one stick, then boot with just one stick at a time (try both) and see if one of your ram sticks are bad.

it could be memory... What is the BIOS ? Is it AMI or or something else?
2 beeps in AMI bios means memory parity error
2 beeps in Award means video error/memory error.

Hope this help a lil bit
Sam

I was checking the manual (since I'm honestly don't remember what is the BIOS brand name) and the BIOS is by "Award".

On the manual it says that 2 short beeps means CMOS setting error.

Like I said on the last post I tried twice already to clear the CMOS and I keep getting the same problem, I will try removing the memory like you guys said and see what happens.

I'll keep you guys updated with whatever the results are..

Thank You again for your time & help.

[Update]

I manage to take a video with my digital camera, is not the best quality but at least is something so at least you can know what I'm describing above on my first post.

I really need to fix my PC before the end of this weekend, I'm starting college on Monday and I need my PC running before that if possible...

Once again Thank You for your help.

Okay give that a try (the memory idea) and see if that works. Then i would try replacing the video card if possible (not sure if you have any extras).

Keep us posted.

I replace the video card with a spare one (6800GT) but got the same results.

After that I started checking and replacing the memory and I found something interesting and that might be a part of the problem (meaning it could be the MOBO but thats just what I think for now..) [You expert and most experience guys can decide].

When there's always a stick of RAM on DDR2 slot 1 the "2 beeping and then turning off loop" happen but whenever I put the RAM in another slot which is not the slot 1 the computer act different including the beeping sequence.

It is really late in here right now, I'm kind of tired, but I will post tomorrow a video of the new sequence and beeping that makes the PC whenever I put the ram in another slot which is not slot 1.

Looking at the reviews from Newegg, it appears this board has a higher RMA rate than what I would like to see. In fact they stopped selling it at the moment.

Looking at the reviews from Newegg, it appears this board has a higher RMA rate than what I would like to see. In fact they stopped selling it at the moment.
With that said, and the fact you've replaced the memory (video and RAM) I would think it is the Motherboard. Some places i've seen says the error code is memory (ram or video), and one other place said it was a circuit failure on the board - which is what i'm thinking it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom