Restart/Shutdown Problems - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Repeat Offender

Default Re: Restart/Shutdown Problems

I would first try and find a newer driver for your video or display adapter. Had a similar problem here at work and downlaoded a driver for the LCD monitor. Worked like a charm.

If your equation requires either a complex combination of variables to get the desired result OR you can't seem to get the result regardless of the variables....it ain't your variables, it's your constant.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thanks SYL\X/3K and Grievearz

Actually I've already done a complete clean install of my Vista Ultimate OS. I'm just about to do a reboot before I reinstall any of my software programs to see if the problem is resolved. If the reboot goes smoothly at this stage I'll begin to reinstall software doing a reboot after every individual installation to see if the problem is indeed being caused by a particular program. If my initial reboot proves to be problematic I'll promptly return here to inform you of it. Otherwise if I do find that it is one of the software applications I will also inform you of which one it is for future reference. Of course if the problem has been resolved due to the reinstallation of my OS you'll be informed of this as well. Wish me luck...!!

Cheers
conductor

Old 09-12-2007, 04:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave1984 View Post
I would first try and find a newer driver for your video or display adapter. Had a similar problem here at work and downlaoded a driver for the LCD monitor. Worked like a charm.
Wish I had known this a little earlier superdave, I definitely would have given it a shot.... but that's okay as I stated in an earlier post there seemed to be an awful lot of something??? getting into and cluttering up my c drive. We'll see though I may have to do this yet....
Old 09-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
I know <html>, do you?

Send a message via AIM to SYL\X/3K Send a message via Yahoo to SYL\X/3K

well hope it turn out well,
formats are usually healthy for computers because it helps the sectors keep alive

.....:::::POST Troubleshooting Steps.___.My Rig.___.Memory Test:::::.....
Old 09-12-2007, 11:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well I've finally finished reinstalling all my software programs and everything appears to be A-Okay as far as reboot is concerned, no more hang-ups and blue screens on shutdown. The clean reinstallation of my OS seems to have done the trick....:happy: I guess it was indeed a corrupted or dropped driver, hopefully all will remain copacetic.....For a while anyways....??

Thank you all for your help and suggestions....

conductor

Closed Thread