Restart Problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to AndTwenTy10 Send a message via Yahoo to AndTwenTy10
Default Restart Problem

Hey all, I got a A7V133 ASUS Motherboard with a AMD Anthlon 1ghz and 256mb RAM

My problem is everytime I try to install a O/S It just restarts out of no where, I disabled the shadowing and cache already, and it still does the same problem. I can't figure it out... Any help is apprecatied, thanks!

Old 11-17-2005, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

what OS and when exactly does it restart? do you have any known heat issues with that PC? test the RAM and try swapping it out with some other RAM. limit the ide drives to the one hdd and one dvd/cd drive for the install. check that the cd/dvd drive is not faulty, check that your disc is not faulty. there are many possible causes and i would start by checking in that order.

Old 11-18-2005, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to AndTwenTy10 Send a message via Yahoo to AndTwenTy10

Quote:
Originally posted by nitestick
what OS and when exactly does it restart? do you have any known heat issues with that PC? test the RAM and try swapping it out with some other RAM. limit the ide drives to the one hdd and one dvd/cd drive for the install. check that the cd/dvd drive is not faulty, check that your disc is not faulty. there are many possible causes and i would start by checking in that order.
It's Windows XP Home. It restarts at 38 minutes into the install for no reason, sometimes it goes to a blue screen with a bunch of error stuff, but restarts quickly. There's no heat issues no, I tried all the RAM it's perfect. The CD-ROM and HDD is fine as well.

I turned off the CACHE and Shaddowing in the BIOS and it installed fully (TOOK 10 HOURS?) But when it was done, it woulden't load past the "logging into windows" screen that first comes up... I tried turning the cache and shaddowing back on, and didin't work. I can't figure it out! I think the CPU or MOBO is just plain old shot... ?
Closed Thread