Restart Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndTwenTy10

In Runtime
Hey all, I got a A7V133 ASUS Motherboard with a AMD Anthlon 1ghz and 256mb RAM

My problem is everytime I try to install a O/S It just restarts out of no where, I disabled the shadowing and cache already, and it still does the same problem. I can't figure it out... Any help is apprecatied, thanks!

what OS and when exactly does it restart? do you have any known heat issues with that PC? test the RAM and try swapping it out with some other RAM. limit the ide drives to the one hdd and one dvd/cd drive for the install. check that the cd/dvd drive is not faulty, check that your disc is not faulty. there are many possible causes and i would start by checking in that order.

nitestick said:
what OS and when exactly does it restart? do you have any known heat issues with that PC? test the RAM and try swapping it out with some other RAM. limit the ide drives to the one hdd and one dvd/cd drive for the install. check that the cd/dvd drive is not faulty, check that your disc is not faulty. there are many possible causes and i would start by checking in that order.

It's Windows XP Home. It restarts at 38 minutes into the install for no reason, sometimes it goes to a blue screen with a bunch of error stuff, but restarts quickly. There's no heat issues no, I tried all the RAM it's perfect. The CD-ROM and HDD is fine as well.

I turned off the CACHE and Shaddowing in the BIOS and it installed fully (TOOK 10 HOURS?) But when it was done, it woulden't load past the "logging into windows" screen that first comes up... I tried turning the cache and shaddowing back on, and didin't work. I can't figure it out! I think the CPU or MOBO is just plain old shot... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom