Restart Loop Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

damiancds

Baseband Member
This has got to be the weirdest thing i've ever seen my computer do.

Explaination:
When i start my computer up it goes through the regular motions until it reaches the window xp logo loading screen. after the bar goes for about 2 and a half times, i get a flash of the blue screen and it restarts, going through this again and again

(i managed to catch something on the blue screen that said something about a boot location... (i don't know (it flashed really fast))

also one time when i booted it up it came up and said "third master hard disk error" (my hard drive was third master for booting).

What triggered it:
I had a controller on the top of my tower and i went to set another one on it, the other one fell. when it hit the floor (right next the tower) my computer shut down and began the vicious cycle of restarting again and again.

What I think:
I heard my computer teacher talking about how his son dropped his laptop and the hard drive went and the laptop did similar stuff compared to mine
i plan on going home tonight and see if my drive is clicking or something.

Specs: (sorry there not as specific as they could be)
Asus mother board socet 939
160 GB Hitachi hard drive
1 HP CD/DVD drive
1 NEC CD/DVD drive (Barely functional as is (not worried about it anyway)
1 GB Ram (total)
Geforce xe 6600 graphics card
Windows xp Os

Basically i'm just asking for a confirm of a busted hard drive or other possible solutions (preferably fixable

Do you have your XP disk? If so, pop it in, reboot, nit any key, hit r to get to the recovery console. Type chkdsk -r and hit enter. It will check your hard drive. When done, see if it will boot. If not, pop the CD back in, reboot, hit any key, r for recovery console, type fixboot hit enter, type fixmbr hit enter. Try to boot.

Press F8 as if your going to go into safe mode but choose "Disable auto restart on system failure." This time the BSOD will stay on the screen. Now copy the error and post it so that we can figure out what the problem is.

Did you say that you dropped your hard drive while it was on? That arm is very sensitive and if it touches the disk, your hard drive could be permanently damaged. Lets hope thats not the case. Let us know if those previous solutions worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom